Last Updated/Effective Date: 8/29/23
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time Help at Home Community Foundation decides to make use of any personal information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their personal information in this separate manner.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following:
- What personal information is collected from you;
- The sources of personal information we collect;
- Why we collect personal information and how long we retain it;
- How we use the collected personal information and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your personal information;
Personal Information We Collect
- We collect a range of personal information, which means information that uniquely identifies, relates to, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to you. The types of personal information we collect may include: Contact information such as first and last name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number.
- Financial information such as payment information. Please note that we do not directly collect payment information; such information is collected by our third-party payment processing vendor on our behalf.
- Website usage information such as your IP address, browser type, the website you visited before coming to our website, information regarding your interaction with our website, and other similar information.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect your personal information from the following sources:
Directly from you: We collect personal information directly from you when you complete donation forms, submit an inquiry on our website, or apply for a grant,
Why We Collect Personal Information and How Long We Retain It
We are collecting your personal information for several reasons:
- To gather important information about you and the need that you have for support
- To register you into our donor management and/or grant applicant system for a timely funding process
- To contact you to fill out important documentation requested by Help at Home Community Foundation team
- To communicate with you as needed to fulfill meeting grant criteria or to assist with the completion of a voluntary donation to the Foundation
The length of time we retain your personal information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, and our legitimate interest in keeping such personal information as stated in this Policy and the grant provided to you.
Use of Personal Information Collected
Help at Home Community Foundation may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the donation and/or grant application process you have filed. At times, we may find it necessary to use personal information as a means to keep you informed of the current status of your grant application or your donation at Help at Home Community Foundation.
Help at Home Community Foundation may also be in contact with you with regards to any inquiries you send to us or completing additional grant information and other application requests as needed. Donors may be contacted with receipts for tax purposes and future solicitations for donations.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Help at Home Community Foundation discloses the personal information provided by you under the following circumstances:
- As necessary to complete the grant application process;
- To validate employment information with Help at Home human resources department;
- In other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- As required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- To outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- As necessary to enforce the terms of the grant application; and
- As necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of Help at Home Community Foundation.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We process personal information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies, which may include or be combined with personal information, to help operate certain features of our website, to enhance your experience through personalization, and to help us better understand the features of the website that you and other users are most interested in.
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of unique identifiers and location data. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of our website may not be available, or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review the help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings.
Help at Home Community Foundation greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you, including via email, SMS, and other electronic means, if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in this Policy). In certain circumstances, we may use our website to post a notice that we communicate to you about Help at Home Community Foundation.
Links to Other Websites
We use commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures to help secure personal information against loss, misuse, and alteration appropriate to the type of personal information processed. If a breach of your personal information occurs, we will notify you of the breach if required under applicable law. NO DATA TRANSMISSION OVER THE INTERNET OR DEVICE CAN BE GUARANTEED TO BE 100% SECURE. WHILE WE STRIVE TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOU PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Depending on where you live, and subject to certain exceptions, you may have the following rights regarding your personal information:
- Access: the right to know what personal information we have collected about you and to access such personal information.
- Data portability: the right to receive a copy of your personal information in a portable and readily usable format.
- Deletion: the right to delete your personal information that we have, subject to certain exceptions.
- Correction: the right to correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Opt out of certain processing: if applicable, the right to opt out of the processing of your personal information for purposes of (a) targeted advertising, (b), the sale of your personal information; or (c) profiling, which has legal or other significant effects on you.
To submit a request, please contact us at [email protected].
Verification and Response
We will need to verify your identity to respond to certain requests. If you have an account with us that is password-protected, we may verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account. If you do not have an account with us, we will request additional personal information from you to verify your identity depending on the nature of the request. Where you request specific pieces of personal information, we may also request a signed declaration under penalty of perjury to attest to/verify your identity.
Once you have submitted a request, we will respond to you within forty-five (45) days. If we cannot verify your identity within the forty-five day (45) time period, we may deny the request. If necessary, we may take up to an additional forty-five (45) calendar days to respond to a request, for a maximum total of ninety (90) calendar days from the date the request is received, provided that we contact you with the reason why we will take more than forty-five (45) days to respond to the request. If we are unable to assist you, we will notify you within forty-five (45) days of the date you submitted the request and provide you with notice and the reason why we are not able to fulfill your request.
If your request is denied or you are otherwise unsatisfied with our response, please send us an email to [email protected] with the subject line “Privacy Rights Appeal.” We will respond within a reasonable time or sixty (60) days of receipt of your appeal.
Sensitive Personal Information
Where required under applicable law, we will obtain your express consent before we collect and process sensitive personal information (which may include, for example, information relating to your health, gender, or precise geolocation).
Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell personal information.
We do not use profiling or make any decisions based solely on the automated processing of your personal information.
We will not discriminate against you in the event you exercise any of the aforementioned rights. Specifically, we will not deny you goods or services; charge you different fees or rates for services; provide you with a different level or quality of services; or suggest that you will receive different rates for services or services at a different level or quality.
This Policy is available to individuals with disabilities. To access this Policy in an alternative downloadable format, please click here.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please feel free to contact us at the following email, telephone number and mailing address.
Email: [email protected]
33 S State Street
Chicago, IL 60602